Pages - Menu

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Blog Analytics

Ever since I started this blog I have monitored its progress and I am truly amazed. At the beginning there were hardly any direct visits or traffic led to this site and now my monthly numbers are averaging over 100 visits a month! Over the last six months I have averaged 134 visitors per month. For a “personal” blog that really surprised me. My top 10 traffic sources come from all over North America, Australia, the UK, Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands, Russia and even Bolivia! While I know who some of those visitors are, the majority are total strangers… and some of them return week after week! Some people may find that creepy, but I think it’s kind of cool!

So, in order to facilitate following, I have now added a “Follow by Email” box over in the right hand column which is driven by Google feedburner. If you aren’t already receiving blog emails feel free to subscribe this way instead!

Also, as my posts are gradually getting lengthier, I am looking into different blog formats and styles to keep the page a little bit cleaner; possibly some shortened posts with a “continue reading” option for example. I may test a couple over the summer so if you see changes you like please let me know! Which reminds me, I may also turn on the “comment” feature but I am hesitant because I don’t have the time to monitor for spam. We shall see!

Anyhow, to those of you who follow me… thank you!