Pages - Menu

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Squirrel Rescue

Today, I went into the kitchen to make lunch and saw something swimming in the pool. I realized it was a squirrel and went outside to find him struggling to get out of the pool. I got the pool net and managed to get him out (he swam right into the net and held on like he knew I was only trying to help) but he was exhausted. I put him in the shade next to the pool but then the birds started attacking him because he was whining so I put him in a box with shade, peanuts, and water to drink.

Then I called the SPCA, Animal Control, Shelters and NO ONE wanted to help the little guy. I was on the phone for over an hour and they all offered to euthanize him!!! I didn't save him to kill him!

So, once he got his strength back up I put the box near the hedge and he scampered away into the bushes.  I hope he will be OK!!! And NO MORE SWIMMING!!! I know it's really hot outside but pools are for people!