Pages - Menu

Monday, May 10, 2010

Round 3: Step 2 and Step 3!!!

Would you believe I actually managed to find and buy a new purse all before 8am LOL. That was a good start to the day and it went mostly well from there.

The pharmacy called me around 1:30 to let me know that my injections had arrived. This was great timing because I had to leave for the hospital at 2:30. I picked up the injection and then went up to the hospital all on time. I checked in and said hello to everyone (I am beginning to be on a first name basis already) and went to sit in the waiting room. About 5 minutes later the technician called me up for my CD3 ultrasound!

My ultrasound was all clear, no cysts getting in the way! Then I met with the on-call doctor and he said that I should start the injections right away and, contrary to what my doctor wanted, he also said that DH would not need to do a semen analysis before the IUI.

Happy with the news, I went over to the nurses station expecting them to only teach me how to do the injection. Wrong.  First, we did an injection. I was scared in the beginning but honestly, I have been pricked harder by a rose thorn or stung harder by a bug! It was nothing. Then she told me that all of our blood work was out of date and needed to be done in the next 24 hours. Apparently they will NOT do an IUI if your blood work is not recent and since my IUI could be as early as Monday (in theory) we need to have it done. We are going to go first thing tomorrow morning. And, last but not least, DH DOES need to do his semen analysis... sort of. We could risk not doing it, save the 100$, and still spend the 400$ on the IUI. But, if it doesn't work we will not know if it was me or him and then he will have to go and do it anyway. So, I managed to find a private clinic that will do it between 8am and 8pm and only has a 2 day processing time so he will go and do that in the next couple of days as well.

I had no idea today's appointment was going to bring about so many other appointments but it's nothing we can't handle. DH is being a bit crabby about it... but compared to everything I go through he shouldn't really have anything to complain about. And, thankfully, my next ultrasound will be on Saturday so I won't have to miss work for it. If all goes well, my IUI could be in exactly 1 week!!!

So, that's that! I just finished dinner and I am exhausted so I think it will be an early night.