Pages - Menu

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sex and the City

"Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that's just fabulous."

So, whenever DH goes away I seem to go on DVD marathons. This time was with Sex and the City; the series not the movie. When this show first aired I didn't like it at all. Maybe I was too young. But, a few years ago when I was going through moments of insomnia, I would catch late night re-runs of the show on television and I fell in love. I bought the whole series on Ebay and had my first SATC marathon.

Since doing the tour in NYC a few months ago and watching the second movie I have wanted to watch them all over again so this was the perfect time; and it was absofuckinlutely fabulous (inside SATC vocabulary). The last episode, An American Girl in Paris: Part Deux, brought tears to my eyes as usual and made me want to watch them all over again... but that will have to wait because I just got Mad About You (season 4) and I have been waiting years for this! Why they have waited 3 years between DVD releases is beyond me. I guess it will take another 9 years before I have the complete series... and then I get to have a MAY marathon!