Pages - Menu

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Metabolic (diabetic) Center

The Metabolic Center has given me an appointment for October 15, which is a really long time from now considering the situation. I called them this morning and explained why I need to see someone sooner, but unfortunately they have nothing available. I cannot begin to explain how discouraged I am with this whole process! If I only see them in October, followed by a second visit 6-8 weeks later like they did last year, I am looking at December or January by the time they clear me for IVF/IVM.

I e-mailed my doctor to see if there was anything he could do and he gave me 2 options. He said that I could see the other doctor who follows me (the endocrinologist who I cannot stand) OR he can refer me to a high-risk pregnancy doctor for a consultation/second opinion.

For now, I have decided to take the referral. I will keep my appointment for October as well, just in case, and cancel later if necessary. If the high-risk doctor thinks things will be ok, then bring on the IVF/IVM! Who knows, maybe the government will have finally announced their free IVF plan by then! If not - screw them; I am tired of waiting for them to make up their minds.