Pages - Menu

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ranting...

“Sometimes someone says something really small
and it just fits into this empty place in your heart.”

Not once have I ever been upset over another person's joy (especially where pregnancy and babies are concerned ironically), but it has happened repeatedly that I have shared my good news with someone else and then proceed to feel guilty for doing so even though they asked in the first place.

If you are so self-absorbed that you are unable to look outside your own bubble and just be happy for me, despite your own unhappiness, then don’t question me about how things are going.

If you are genuinely interested and you want to be supportive then be so, but if you only want to know so that you can bring me down then do me a favor and refrain from asking in the first place.

And last but not least... if my happiness brings you pain, tell me and I will try to shelter you from my news to the best of my ability in the future.

I do not push people to talk to me about this journey and I do not force anyone to read my blog. If you are subscribed and no longer wish to be, either unsubscribe or tell me and I will do it for you; no hard feelings and no questions asked!

Sorry for ranting so early in the 4-day week but it was a long time coming.