Pages - Menu

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Kevin the Fish

Yesterday I lost one of my betta fish after nearly 1.5 years. He was usually quite active but all of a sudden he wasn't moving at all yesterday morning and that was when I noticed that he had some sort of fungus or growth going on but I wasn't sure what it was. It looked like a small cotton ball was stuck to his side. I put some basic drops in his tank, lowered the water so that he could get air more easily and crossed my fingers. I went to the pet store at lunch to buy him some medication and raced home to give it to him after work but he was already gone. I guess the good news is that Brent, my other betta, is responding well to the aquarium salts I bought as well. He is usually lazy and not doing so well but this morning he was doing acrobatics in his tank!

Kevin has been buried in the garden along with Stewie, the first Betta I got a couple of years ago for Christmas. This isn't the greatest picture of Kevin but it is all I have. I will miss you Kevin!