Pages - Menu

Friday, January 1, 2016

Hello 2016!

“Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one."


The holidays are nearly over, but a new year is just beginning and for once I am truly excited! Why? Because this year we are finally able to write a different story than the one we have been telling over and over again as we embark on this brand new, much anticipated, adventure in our lives! It’s like the sequel we have been anticipating is finally being written, only it’s more like "Episode 11" in our case!

And while I am not one for resolutions I am certainly one to keep my promise, and this year I promise myself that I will continue to work on my health as much as I did in 2015 because I have seen amazing results and I WANT MORE!

Since becoming pregnant last March I have lost 30lbs (and DH has lost 15lbs), I am off all diabetic medications and my morning sugar levels are good so far (re-testing with the hospital soon to be sure, but I think it is gone or diet controlled very well), cut out more and more chemicals and sugar from my lifestyle/diet (proof in my many grey hairs) and I feel… fantastic! I am lacking sleep but coping with it better than I would have previously and my back is still messing with me, but I am pretty sure that baby girl is to blame for both of these complaints and I am hoping to work on these very soon if she agrees to work with me!

Most importantly, I have 11 months left of maternity leave and I plan to make the most of every minute of it. It won't always be easy, especially when I have to play single-parent in addition to frequent work-widow, but we are going to have to make it work one way or another! And if that means reaching out for help then so be it. In the last 5.5 weeks I have learned that asking for help is sometimes necessary, and greatly appreciated everyone's response to my pleas.

So to each and every one of you, from our family to yours, Happy New Year! No matter what you are facing in your individual and personal lives, we wish you lots of health, happiness, strength, love, courage and most of all… hope!

Suggested Reading

10 Questions You Need to Ask Yourself Before the New Year
by Annabel Fitzsimmons