Pages - Menu

Monday, January 18, 2016

Headbangers

I have always said that people in this family are extremely hard headed, and yesterday I couldn’t have been happier about that! And, aside from the fact that she gave me a great night’s sleep 3 nights in a row, there was nothing better than waking up to her smiley, happy little face this morning like usual!

Back in September when we took our pre-natal classes I had a little incident with one of the baby dolls while learning how to prevent choking. I was sitting at a table and as I leaned the doll forward I ended up smacking its head on the table pretty hard. The whole class heard it, and once they realized it was the doll that had been banged up and not me everyone had a good laugh… followed by some comments about calling child protective services!

And then there was last night…

DH and I were invited to a friend’s house for dinner. After dessert we were all sitting around the table talking and DH had our now 8 week old LO with him, facing her outwards so she could observe the world around her. Out of nowhere she let out a pretty big sneeze, causing her unstable little head to lurch her upper body forward… directly onto the tabletop, forehead first! We aren’t sure if it hurt her or scared her more but the tears didn’t take long to come. I grabbed her in my arms, both of us a little shaken, and suddenly couldn’t help but laugh. In fact, we all started laughing as we pieced together exactly what had just happened; sympathetically of course!

It was a pretty hard hit, but not hard enough to warrant a trip to the emergency room even though it was in the back of my mind. She calmed down quite quickly afterwards and took a bottle right away so there wasn’t much to worry about. I noticed that she had a bit of a red mark on her forehead later in the evening, but I am pretty sure it was her hat that caused it. Although, this morning she still has a small mark so maybe it was a bit of both.

Either way, I am happy to report that she is more than fine! As DH said, accidents are inevitable and she will get banged up a little along the way, but I am so glad I wasn’t holding her when this happened!