Pages - Menu

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Time Out!

I don’t recall ever being put on time-out as a child, but I am sure it happened now and then despite the fact that I was an absolute angel. But when you’re an adult nobody puts you on time out; you need to learn to recognize when you need one for yourself.

And this is one of those moments.

I can’t pinpoint anything specific but I am sure that a combination of stress from TTC roadblocks, my extended family (in general, nothing specific), DH and I having a disagreement at the moment, work crap, missing some important people in my life, turning 35, feeling like crap health wise at the moment, the way the bus bounced around on the bridge yesterday, the humidity level and the thunderstorm happening outside my office as I write this are contributing to it… or maybe it’s just me.

Sometimes it just happens; a mix of circumstances, crazy brain and nothing all at once like a perfect storm.

So I have put myself on an adult time out. I am taking a Facebook vacation to start, avoiding obviously stressful situations as much as possible, closing my office door when necessary, and keeping to myself. DH is leaving for a few days as well so I will have the house to myself to do as I please. I will answer my phone, if I feel like it. I will reply to emails, when I am ready. I will text back, if I am up to it. I am an only child after all, so I am pretty good at keeping myself entertained for long periods of time if need be. Plus I have a ton of DVD’s I haven’t gotten around to yet.

I will deal with the world around me when I am ready, and not before. Right now, I just want to be left alone and shut it all out.