Pages - Menu

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dream Diary: Walk Of Shame

“Make the elevator come a little faster.
I'm pushing all the buttons but nothing's happening
Please, God, don't let anybody see me
Please, God, I'll do anything you ask me
I promise no more walks of shame”

Pink – Walk Of Shame Lyrics

What is going on inside my head this week? I have had a number of weird dreams recently and I am starting to think they will all be melding into one larger dream soon and I am starting to hate this process. Huh? Wait, what?

Ok, let me explain… As I mentioned once before, my dreams have a tendency to do a strange cinematography, time-lapse effect thingy. Very descriptive, I know. Basically, I will dream in fragments and often different pieces will happen on different nights. Once I put them all together they flow more smoothly. Kind of like a puzzle I guess. Sometimes only seconds are missing and other times a whole chunk could be gone. I had a recurring dream once that lasted well over a year that I was able to put together into a short story by the time it was done; only it never really had an ending - yet. I am usually able to connect where these fragments originated from in my day to day life, but not always.

So, what’s going on?

DH is away for work right now so I am a work-widow once again. Wonderful timing, but this is usually when my mind starts playing little tricks on me. I have been sleeping with an extra blanket since the weekend and for some reason I got tangled in it the other night. I woke up, but only partially, and it felt like someone was wrapped around me or draped over me. It felt almost heavy, like DH was actually there. I fixed the blanket and went back to sleep but when I woke up I could have sworn someone had actually been in bed with me over night…

And then, the other night I mentioned to a friend that I get paranoid when DH is away so I always put the alarm on. This then parlayed into another weird dream where I asked a co-worker to spend the night in my house with me because I was afraid to be alone and somehow this turned into me agreeing to stay at his house, closer to work, because it was more convenient. Fast forward and I am pulling a “walk of shame” out of his condo the following morning, to the elevator which isn’t working (see lyrics above to a song I have been listening to a lot lately) so I take the stairs and run into the friend I had talked to the other night. She pulls me into her place and gives me a whole “what do you think you’re doing” scolding and that was when I woke up.

Now I am questioning if the blanket thing ever really happened or if it was part of this dream creeping in out of place. And, what happened from the time I agreed to go with the co-worker until my “walk of shame” moment, or do I not want to know? I really wish there were a way to record what happens in your dreams because I swear no one would believe me half of the time!

Anyhow, I love my DH and I would never do anything to hurt him so this was definitely FAR FROM REAL!I wonder what will happen in my dreams tonight...