Pages - Menu

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pâques Palliatif

For those of you who are unaware, I lost my grandmother yesterday. She went into hospital on April 24 around 2am, and by mid afternoon on the 25th she was transferred to palliative care. She died on April 26th at 12:15am.

The last few weeks seem to have flown by; everything was so fast at the end that it was only afterwards that I, or anyone else, could truly comprehend what had happened. But, in a strange way, I am glad that things happened the way that they did because she didn’t suffer. My grandmother had already been through so much in her life... she deserved to die peacefully, painlessly, and with dignity and that is exactly what she did. At 92 years old, pneumonia was the first thing that she was unable to conquer.

We may be having a memorial service for her in the upcoming weeks but nothing has been finalized yet. The burial will be private, as she had requested.

As always, thank you all for your support!