Pages - Menu

Monday, January 5, 2015

Creating My: Blog Updates

The year has barely begun and I am already tackling some of my plans for this blog. Not bad, huh? Now let’s see if I can keep this up! Those of you who access my blog online, and not just by email, may have already seen the changes I am referring to as I have been testing them out.

First, I have changed my subscription method from an old fashioned email list to Feedburner. Everyone who was previously subscribed through me has been informed of the changes and moved over to the new system already. Why didn’t I do this sooner? Because, at the time, I didn’t have the traffic that I have now and I was just focused on updating my blog vs. updating subscription methods. And honestly (*blush*) I didn’t think there would be a need for subscribers! So, if you want to subscribe you can click on the link above or enter your e-mail address in the subscription box, right hand sidebar.

Next, back in June I launched a sister blog to this one called “Creating My: Connections”. While I loved the page design itself, and still do, it has not really been used much or visited since. And while I guess that was the purpose all along, since the embedded widgets are self-updating through my social media accounts and such, it was kind of redundant to have a second blog. So, all of those elements have now been incorporated into this blog. You can now access my “about” page from the top navigation and Twitter feed on the right hand sidebar. At the bottom of the page you can find Goodreads, Instagram, Tumblr and Pinterest. I will be taking the other blog offline shortly.

And last, I have made the decision to turn commenting off again. Partially due to some spam issues, but mainly because I find that most communication has taken place privately and I would prefer to keep it that way… a lesson I have learned many times over the last year!

Thank you to everyone who has given me feedback, both technically speaking as well as personally!