Pages - Menu

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Dream Diary: Madonna

"I went to New York. I had a dream. I wanted to be a big star.
I didn’t know anybody. I wanted to dance. I wanted to sing.
I wanted to do all those things. I wanted to make people happy.
I wanted to be famous. I wanted everybody to love me.
I wanted to be a star. I worked really hard and my dream came true."
 

Not sure how this came about, but yesterday my dreams brought me back to NYC in the strangest way. OK, actually NYC has come up a lot lately so maybe that’s why, but it still makes absolutely no sense!

For some reason I was walking around town with Madonna like we were casual friends!?! We were chatting about nothing in particular, wandering from one landmark to another, all while being followed by annoying paparazzi that we completely ignored. We started in Times Square and then we wandered and zigzagged all the way up to Central Park. Once at the park, we followed the paths up to the main gates of the Central Park Zoo. We even stopped at Magnolia’s for a cupcake and later we were eating pizza in the park. For some reason we both kept checking the time as well because we didn’t want to be late for something that was happening at “the townhouse” (she has one on the Upper East Side), which would explain the path we were taking (Note: I think I spend too much time in NYC since I knew my way up there even in a dream).

As usual, my dreams tend to “time lapse” themselves so this was all fragmented when it happened. I have no clue what I was thinking, but I can honestly say that a 25 block walk plus a stroll in the park was way easier in my head than it was on foot! I did this exact path last spring with shopping in between and I was pooped by the time I got to those gates! Also, I have never been further than the zoo on that side of the park by foot so I think that is why we stopped where we did; my brain could no longer “see” where to go.

Anyhow…. strange… I know!