Pages - Menu

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Open Letter: Psst, I Miss You…

"If someone seriously wants to be a part of your life
they will seriously make an effort to be in it. No excuses.”

When we first met, I had no idea you would become so important to me. And yet you did; you became more important to me than either of us could have ever imagined. I considered you as a best friend, but we both know that you were always more like a brother to me.

And then, two years ago, it was over. Just like that – gone - and I thought that I could continue not speaking to you for the rest of my life and everything would be fine, except for one tiny detail… I miss you. I really, honestly, didn’t at first but in recent months you have been on my mind a lot more than a little and I want you to know that.

A few weeks ago I nearly ran into you three times in one afternoon but I didn’t have the guts to face you. I nearly did, the second time, but I chickened out. Since then, I can’t stop thinking that I made a mistake avoiding you; I should have said hi, at the very least...

We both know what happened so there is no use re-hashing it now, but I would like closure. We know each other well enough to know we are both too stubborn to break this cycle, but if you are willing to try then I am ready. People change, and sometimes they end up having nothing to say to each other; even best friends grow apart. And, if that’s the case, then I am fine with that… but I need to know.

I have no expectations - just a hole in my heart and an open mind.
You know where to find me, if you want to get in touch… no pressure.