Pages - Menu

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bernard Pivot Questionnaire

This questionnaire originally came from a French series called "Bouillon de Culture" which was hosted by Bernard Pivot. However, I am more familiar with it as the questions that James Lipton asks celebrities at the end of the program "Inside the Actor's Studio" which some of you may have already seen.

I find it very interesting what the simple answers to these questions can reveal about a person without being too personal. Not to mention, the changing answers I have had over the years. If you care to share, I would love to know your answers as well, but for now here are mine:

01. What is your favorite word? My favorite word is “love”, in any language.

02. What is your least favorite word? A tossup between “victim” and “can’t”.

03. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? A real passion, good or bad, about someone or something can turn things up a notch, two… or ten!

04. What turns you off? Turn offs… being nagged, talked down to, being treated as a child.

05. What is your favorite curse word? “Fuckerhead” and, yes, the dreaded “C” word!

06. What sound or noise do you love? I love the sound of laughter, especially from children.

07. What sound or noise do you hate? Any sounds similar to and including nails on chalkboard. And, I can’t explain this one, whistling!

08. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I’ve wanted to be a teacher for as long as I could remember and, in the past couple of years, event coordinator has interested me as well.

09. What profession would you not like to do? Any and all “dirty jobs”!

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “You will be sharing a suite with Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Antonio Banderas, and Johnny Depp” assuming they are all there already when I get there (not that I wish death upon any of them)!