Pages - Menu

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Pieces Of Me

7:35 am
Surrounded by quiet; emptiness, absence…
Black top, well-worn jeans and my favorite pair of Converse…
Uncomfortably comfortable!

Today is the first day that the LO is at daycare, DH is at work and I am completely and utterly alone with myself, my thoughts, and the new me.

I made plans, just to keep myself busy. I have already washed all of my floors and taken a nice long shower. I am going to shop for some new clothes, and maybe even a new bathing suit since all of the ones I have are too big for me now. I need to stop by the pharmacy because we are completely out of toothpaste. And I see my osteopath early this afternoon as well.

Yup, I made just enough plans to get me through my first day without her in my arms. And, I can do this! I need to do this; for her, for me, and for the well being of my family.

I need to meet the new me. I need to get to know her a little better. I need to be familiar with her. And, most importantly, I need a part of her to get re-acquainted with the old me.

I need to get out of limbo. I need to break free.

10:07 am
Jacket is on…
Taking a deep breath…
I am on my way!