Pages - Menu

Thursday, September 11, 2014

New Beginnings: Where Do We Go From Here?

As of now we have a number of embryos frozen for future use. Not all of them made it this far but that is completely normal. So, now what happens?

To get pregnant, “normal” couples go into a bedroom somewhere (or backseat of a car if you prefer) without an audience and TTC. If they succeed, 3 months later they get to make their big announcement and surprise their family and friends. And now, I am glad to say that we can do the same… well, almost.

I have not followed up with Dr. D yet, but when I do he will lay out his plan for my frozen embryo transfer (FET). When that time comes, I will go back into the operating room where this all began and TTC by having one embryo transferred at a time. If all goes well I can pull this off on my lunch hour so nobody even needs to know about it! And, if and when we do succeed, 3 months later we will get to make a big announcement of our own. No, a HUGE announcement!

And you know what? Being able to feel somewhat “normal” after everything we have been through makes me so happy! If all goes well, the next IVF related story you hear from me here will be one of SUCCESS!

Thank you to everyone who has been there for us, knowingly or not, over the last couple of weeks especially. Now, everyone, cross your fingers and toes and anything else you can while you sprinkle some baby dust down on us for luck!

Hopefully 2015 will be our year!