Pages - Menu

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Round 2 (IVM): Step 3 - Collection Scheduled!

Since the last time I posted I have been back and forth to the hospital and pharmacies all over again. I took the 3 days of Repronex as prescribed and returned to the hospital Boxing Day morning for my fourth ultrasound only to find that it hadn’t done very much at all. I was then given 2 more days of injections (totalling 620$ at this point - covered by insurance) and asked to return today for a fifth scan.

And... success! I still have a number of smaller follicles ranging from 6-8mm, but enough larger ones (10mm or larger) that we are going ahead with step 3! I have to take my HCG injection this evening and we return to the hospital 38 hours later for collection. Thursday morning here we come!

So, once again, things did NOT go as smoothly as hoped for but at least we are getting somewhere this time!