Pages - Menu

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Round 1 (IVM): Cancelled

I had my second ultrasound this morning and there were no changes since Saturday unfortunately. I met with the nurse right after and we set up my “calendar” to try again. This round is not exactly considered as being cancelled seeing as I didn’t get anywhere, so it is essentially postponed. In other words, this will NOT count as one of the rounds covered by the government. Also, instead of going the Provera route again and getting stuck, they are giving me 1 month of Birth Control to do the job. It has been a long time since I have seen these! I just hope they work. Oh, and the good news is... even if AF doesn't arrive when it should I still go in for an ultrasound as though it did.

I am surprisingly not too upset about it either because the timing of things should work out extremely well if everything is smooth. My retrieval should fall over the Christmas holidays (and yes, possibly on Christmas morning if necessary) so I won’t have to worry about missing work and I can stay home and relax. And then, the transfer should come just before or after New Year’s so I will have an extended “vacation” if you want to call it that. Not a bad way to start 2011 I guess.

All in all, I am ok with all of this. It’s too bad it didn’t work out right now but at least it’s because my body woke up for once and not because my condition got worse. Another month won't make that much difference in the greater scheme of things.