Pages - Menu

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Clusterf*cked

Severe sleep apnea causes snoring, snoring causes me to wake up, being woken up causes me to be repeatedly tired, anxiety and being overtired causes me to have insomnia, insomnia brings me to sleeping pills, sleeping pills cause vivid dreams and worsen sleep apnea.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Worse part is? The LO sleeps a full 11-12 hours at night, and has for months! There is no reason I should be feeling this way! In theory, anyway.

Met with the allergist finally, nothing conclusive.

Met with the ENT, nothing physically wrong with me (that surgery could fix for example).

Aware that weight is an issue; but it’s another catch 22. My anxiety meds are partially to blame for re-gaining the pre-pregnancy weight I had lost. But when I tried to come off of them a month ago my anxiety came back quickly and I had to go back on them.

Waiting to see a pneumologist.

Waiting to try a CPAP machine now that my massive, unexplained, congestion has cleared up.

Waiting… for a good night’s sleep!

Note. In retrospect, I don’t think I ever wrote about the sleep apnea diagnosis. It came in early fall after no other explanations for my exhaustion could be found and DH complained of my sudden snoring. He heard me gasp for air one night as well and that was it… off for tests.