Pages - Menu

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Open Letter: To DH

Over the years you have received countless letters and notes from me; love letters, reminder post-its, to-do lists, messages on the bathroom mirror (not in the creepy sense), and long winded letters of anger/frustration/confusion when I couldn’t express myself so well verbally too (hey, we have all been there).

But this one is different… because I want the world to know about this one!

We have had our share of ups and downs, roller coaster rides, uphill battles and disagreements. We have also had our share of good memories, laughter, adventures, travels and fun (I like these better).

Over the years I have had many health issues and concerns, while you have remained as healthy as a horse. And, risking contamination yourself, you have always been right by my side making me Stracciatella, Kraft Dinner, or bringing me crackers and Ginger Ale to make me feel better. Most recently, accompanying me to many doctor’s appointments and procedures and sitting by my side every second of every day while I was recovering back in September, even though I was knocked out cold!

And while you are generally healthy and don’t need to be taken care of in that way, you do travel for work - a lot - which isn’t always easy on me/us, and you do have your own set of quirks which are not always pleasant for me to deal with either (and no I won’t list them all because I don’t have that kind of time LOL).

I guess, to put it bluntly, we have put up with quite a bit from one another over our more-than-a-decade together!

And with everything we have been through, for all the years we have been together - for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, through good times and bad, in sickness and in health - I can honestly say that you always have and always will mean everything to me!

You make me happy. You make me laugh and keep me smiling. You complete me. You truly are my other half. And I want you to know that I have never been happier with you than I have been these last few months. And, while it was a difficult road to get where we are today, I couldn’t be prouder that we are here now and stronger than ever! You are my best friend, the (almost) perfect husband, and I am confident that you will be an amazing father - the best - once you get the chance!

The best is yet to come (and soon I hope), I love you!