Pages - Menu

Monday, September 16, 2013

September Is Flying By!

The summer went by so quickly, and now we are already half way through September. Can you believe it? It will be Christmas before we know it! Back to school was CRAZY this year (which is why I haven’t been posting) but it is finally calming down! Now I get to play catch up from the last two weeks and try to get ahead on next week since I won’t be here all at once! Fun!

So, where were we last?

My birthday weekend was a blast! Not because of my birthday but because of the huge wedding the day before. My little bride was beautiful and the groom, casual and cool as always. And the flower girl was the cutest thing ever… my niece of course! The priest was half an hour late but kept things short and sweet and then it was on to the party. The hall was decorated beautifully, the food was very good, and things seemed to be perfect as far as I could tell. The happy couple is still on their honeymoon and I can’t wait for them to get back so we can look through all their pictures and see their new home! I miss you guys!

My birthday itself was quiet; a trip to the pet store and dinner at The Keg with DH. Exactly what I wanted! It hasn’t all turned out well though. I got a Betta and four Tetras for my new aquarium and by the following week they had all died! I think the Betta hunted the Tetras and then got sick from bacteria in the water. I tried to medicate him but he didn’t make it. Sigh. And, my gift from DH has been a total train wreck, but I am still working on that one so I won't bore you with the details just yet.

Labour Day weekend we went camping in Lake Placid again with our new big tent and did a lot of nothing. It was nice to do nothing for once! Of course I had to get sick right before we left but the fresh air actually seemed to help a lot. I think I have a new cure for my constant sinus infections!

Also on Labour Day weekend, my nephew finally made his appearance! He didn’t like August it seems so he chose September 1st! Unfortunately his first couple of weeks haven’t gone as expected, and he still hasn’t seen his beautiful room that his Mommy and Daddy built for him, but hopefully he will go home soon! In either case, I am on my way there this weekend to meet him for the first time and I can’t wait!

To replace the Betta/Tetra disaster, I went out yesterday and bought two Angel Goldfish instead. They should be more resilient so we will see how this goes… I consider them to be like goats of the sea – eat anything and not care if the water isn’t perfect – so hopefully these ones will last longer!

Anyhow, that’s it for now. Break over, back to work!